Combining the discipline of Ballet with the free form of Contemporary Dance. Come and do a ballet warm-up but then turn around and learn contemporary dance. It’s the best of both worlds!
Before Class: What Do I Need to Know
- Space is limited in size. Reserve your lesson in advance online or call us.
- Please arrive before the scheduled start of class. For safety reasons we prefer customers partake in the class warmup.
- Attire: Wear comfortable workout or dance attire. You may wear ballet shoes, jazz shoes or socks.
During Class: What to Expect
- Itinerary: Class will begin with a total body warmup. Classes include across the floor and choreography.
- Classes are for All Levels, however, the instructor will provide pointers and modifications for beginners, intermediate and advanced customers.
- Benefits: Lower body and core strength, weight loss, increased flexibility, toning, self-awareness and improved posture.
After Class: Now What
- Expect to feel relaxed and encouraged.
- For increased benefit, do not allow too much time to pass before attending your next lesson.
More About Contemporary Dance
The Contemporary Dance form originated in the mid 20th century and became one of the prominent genres. It is not associated with a specific style, but it involves many dance forms like classical, jazz, modern, etc. Most of these dance forms are based on the emotions and natural energy of a person. Inner Me Studios is one such place that teaches all your favorite dance forms.
Benefits of Contemporary Dance
Inner Me Studios’ Contemporary Dance classes provide an added benefit to express your emotions in a great way. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
Improve Posture: This form includes various dance styles involving stretching and flexibility. Thus, you can improve your overall posture.
Increase Flexibility of Body: Contemporary dance improves balance, helps you coordinate well within your body, makes you agile, and instills your physical confidence.
Provide Endurance: It works on your muscular strength, helps in weight loss, improves motor fitness, and tones your muscles.
Relax Mind and Body: Suppose, you are stressed for a whole day and taking a contemporary dance class with Inner Me Studios. You will have peace and relaxation in your mind and body.
Reduce Stress: This dance form helps you to become healthy as it balances your body and mind. It involves a great amount of exercise, so it reduces stress and prevails positivity among the people of every age.
Why You Should Take Contemporary Dance Classes
Inner Me Studios provides many great fitness exercises like Contemporary Dance. As this dance form is a combination of jazz, traditional, and modern, performing these exercises will support your mind and body greatly. Here is why you should perform a contemporary dance:
- It develops your mind and body connection, keeping you focused.
- These exercises help you maintain a perfect balance of your body.
- It helps to explore your emotions and mental peace.
- The stretching exercises involved provide a great boost to muscles and improve your posture.
- It is a fun activity too, as it will help you to come out of your boring and hectic lifestyle and feel rejuvenated.
Overall, the Contemporary Dance form helps you to remain fit and explore your inner self. Get in touch with Inner Me Studios’s team to get more insight into our program. Call us today to learn more!