Before Class: What Do I Need to Know
- We recommend reserving your class in advance however it is not required.
- Attire: wear comfortable workout attire and sneakers.
During Class: What to Expect
- Itinerary: Class will begin with a total body warmup and light stretch. Classes include low to moderate level intensity cardio dance moves focused on the total body. You’ll focus on one choreography to one song throughout each class. Typically the song changes, however, the instructor may repeat the song a couple of times. Combos may include popping, locking, gliding, sliding, bouncing, waving, miming and more.
- Classes are for All Levels. However, during your first class, it is common to feel lost. As you continue with more classes it’ll get easier to pick up choreography.
- Benefits: Upper and lower body and core strength, weight loss, increased flexibility, and toning.
After Class: Now What
- Expect to be really sore. Continue to stretch at home and plan your next workout soon to get over the soreness more quickly.
- For increased benefit, do not allow too much time to pass before attending your next lesson.
I had a great class. It was fast and fun! The instructor took the time to help everyone out. He made sure to take time no matter how many times it took to show us the moves. Motivational! And he basically kept saying just have fun and keep moving. That’s what I did and enjoyed every bit of it!
History of Hip Hop Dance
Hip Hop dance is the result of Hip Hop culture, based in Latin America. It existed in the decades of 1960s and 70s and soon became popular worldwide. This dance form is based on hip-hop music and the down-to-earth movement style from the African dance. Today, it is associated with other forms like cutting, popping, and locking, etc. where your body and mind should work in great coordination.
What Are The Benefits of Hip Hop Dance
Joining the hip hop classes at Inner Me will help you to catch the beat and brush up your skill of this particular dance form. Here are certain benefits to avail of from the hip hop dance.
- Improves Physical Health: This dance form is for your entire body. The anaerobic health benefits you can get from hip-hop dancing is where your entire body works out with every move. This dance form can strengthen your core muscles and improves your joints and bones to give you stronger and more flexible limbs.
- Strengthens Mental Health: Apart from improving your physical health, hip hop also takes care of your mental health. When you dance with the beat and music, it has a therapeutic impact on your mind and relieves stress and anxiety you were suffering. If you are depressed, joining a hip hop dance class can work like magic on you. Moreover, it will improve your concentration power to perform several activities in life.
- Cognitive Benefits: Along with the above benefits, it is proved that hip hop dancing is also related to improving the mental performance. It is said that this type of exercise can help you to perform well in science and math courses.
- Makes You Social: When you join a professional hip hop class, you require working in a group. Thus, you can develop quality teamwork, meet new people, and be more social. Co-ordination with your partner or team is very important while dancing hip hop.
Why Take Hip Hop Dance at Inner Me?
If you’re an adult and you miss dancing or just simply want to learn how to dance, Inner Me is the place for. We expect for you to have fun and let loose.