Learn different twerk moves including the basics, isolation, wobbling, make it clap, popping, hip rolls, floor work, twerking in a split or fake split positions, headstands, twerking in a circle on the floor and more.
Before Class: What Do I Need to Know
- Please register prior to class as space is limited.
- Please arrive before the scheduled start of class. For safety reasons we prefer customers partake in the class warm up.
- Attire: wear loose and comfortable workout attire and sneakers. Please do not wear heels.
During Class: What to Expect
- Itinerary: Customers learn different twerk moves including the basics, isolation, wobbling, make it clap, popping, hip rolls, floorwork, twerking in a split or fake split positions, headstands, twerking in a circle on the floor and more.
- Classes are for All Levels but perfect for beginners to twerking, dancing, or choreography. The instructor will provide pointers and modifications when needed or requested.
- Benefits: Upper and lower body and core strength, weight loss, increased flexibility, and toning.
After Class: Now What
- Expect to be really sore. Continue to stretch at home and plan your next workout soon to get over the soreness more quickly.
- For increased benefit, practice the moves learned in class at home. You may ask to video your portion of the class and/or your instructor.
What Is Twerking?
Twerk dancing is a dance form, mainly performed by women where they thrust and shake their hips in the low squatting position. So, what is Twerking? Or what is the history of Twerk, where and how it originated? These questions must be running in your mind.
Twerking is a famous dance form, originated from the Island of Jamaica, and traces its origin to the famous dance form ‘Mapouka,’ performed in West Africa. The artists performing this dance form do the sissy bounce to the bounce music. It is mainly performed by women from the New Orleans African-American community. Miley Cyrus firstly performed this ‘twist’ and ‘jerk’ dance form during one of the award functions in 2013. This made twerk dancing a viral sensation among the women.
What Are the Health Benefits of Twerking?
If you look forward to working out on your hip area, then Twerk dancing is a one-stop solution. At Inner Me Studios, we provide Twerking classes for beginners, intermediates, and advanced level gym-goers. Below are a few benefits of Twerk Dancing.
- Tone Your Lower Body Area: The Twerk dancing involves holding a squat position for a particular time. It helps in toning the muscles of your butts and legs. It makes your body firm, and you can shed unnecessary body fat too.
- Improvement in Core Strength: Twerking involves bracing your abs to build lower body muscles and develop core strength.
- Lift Confidence Level: This style of dancing mixed with exercise form gives a great appeal to your booty. Moreover, it calms and cools your mind while you dance to hip-hop tunes.
- Control Body Movements: The Twerk dance form is an indulgence, as it helps to build the lower body areas and supports your body movements. It helps empower your full body.
Why Should You Take Twerking?
Twerk as a workout is a great session if you wish to tone and strengthen your muscles and core areas. Here’s why you must perform it:
- Twerking burns more calories compared to yoga or a spinning class.
- It improves sex life, as women who twerk or twist can attract their male partners in an excellent way. Twerk dancing makes you look great in your body with perfect roundness.
- Along with toning, Twerking also provides increased flexibility of your muscles. You will not feel stiffness and soreness in your muscles.
So, if you are looking forward to some fun and entertainment in your exercising regime, then Twerk dancing is a perfect solution. Call Inner Me Studios representatives to get more insight!